The University of Tennessee Undergraduate Summer Research Education Experiences in the Environmental Health Sciences provides students an opportunity to explore their interests in the environmental health-related aspects of biology, microbiology, engineering, and the biomedical sciences through immersive hands-on summer research opportunities. Students will uniquely experience the breadth and depth of investigational activities that occur at a major research institution.
- 10-week research training opportunity
- Conduct individual research projects in one of ~20 faculty laboratories at the University of Tennessee – Knoxville
- Weekly academic and professional development programs
- $3,700 stipend
- Paid on-campus housing
- Travel costs reimbursed
Applications are now being accepted for our program. View more details and apply on the program’s website.
Who should apply?
- Highly motivated undergraduate students interested in pursuing challenging laboratory research activities in the environmental health science disciplines
- Undergraduate students contemplating graduate school and the achievement of an advanced degree
- No prior research experience is required
- United States citizens or permanent residents (required by NIH guidelines)
- Underrepresented groups, those who are the first generation in their families to attend college, and those of economic disadvantage are highly encouraged to apply
For additional information, please contact Steven Ripp at UT.NIH.UndergraduateResearch@utk.edu or 865-974-9605